2.23.2007

My new blog 'The Sun in a Golden Cup'




My new blog 'The Sun in a Golden Cup' was just born!


I named it after a line from my recent idol Carla Bruni's song, 'Those Dancing Days are Gone'. This interesting song actually comes from William Butler Yeats' poem -- and so do all the other songs in the album 'No Promises'.And she did it all by herself!! So cool.





Come, let me sing into your ear;


Those dancing days are gone,


All that silk and satin gear;


Crouch upon a stone,


Wrapping that foul body up


In as foul a rag:


I carry the sun in a golden cup.


The moon in a silver bag.


...


I thought it out this very day.


Noon upon the clock,


A man may put pretence away


Who leans upon a stick,


May sing, and sing until he drop,


Whether to maid or hag:


I carry the sun in a golden cup,


The moon in a silver bag.



Despite weighty issues like aging and death, the images are deliciously beautiful. ^^


Hope my life will be blessed with, and so my blog will record, images like Bruni's too.

1 comment:

ahtong said...

waowaowao! So happy to see Ivy's new blog too! hope to share more about your interest to us....